I'M WATCHING YOU

Do the things that we observe don’t actually observe us?
“I’m watching you” is a series of photographs taken in the Bulgarian province surrounding Sofia. Guided by my desire to use the tools of the documentary photography to create my own scenography of reality by capturing and isolating the absurdity of the Bulgarian province
We all live in a distinct reserve made of places and people that we choose. If we were to leave this comfort zone we often find ourselves in conflict with what we find familiar and “normal”. Its limits extend far wider than our perceptions. Led by the desire to turn the surrounding landscape into a subject itself, which also observes me while I observe it and determines its own rules, I started registering landscapes of the Bulgarian provincial reality; which as I removed from their own context gave them new aesthetics.















Comments